This privacy notice covers the personal information collected by CAUK, for the purpose of CA service work, in support of our fifth tradition which states. “Each group has but one primary purpose – to carry it’s message to the addict who still suffers”.
Personal information such as name, email address, phone number and address may be collected for the purposes of CA service work. Each individual will be asked to complete a relevant consent form regarding the personal information that we are collecting.
Information will be held only for the purpose that it was originally intended and will be reviewed every 3 years.
What we do with your information
Personal information is held to allow the operation of the various CA service activities which may include CAWSO, information will only be kept and used for these purposes. Information will not be shared with other organisations, or used outside of its intended use.
All information will be stored in a secure manner.
Third party applications
The use of 3rd party applications such as ‘The Box Storage’, ‘WhatsApp’ and ‘Slack’ may be used to store and provide personal information for the purposes of CA service work.
Should you wish for your information to be removed from our records, this can be done at any time by clicking here.
Changes to this policy
This policy will be updated and reviewed inline with changes to guidelines and legislation.
Web Chat Terms and Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to your use of the web chat facility (“the Web
Chat”), which is run by us, CAUK England & Wales (“CAUK England & Wales”).
2. However you access the Web Chat, you agree to be bound by these Terms and
Conditions when you do so.
3. If you do not accept the Terms and Conditions, do not access the Web Chat. By
accessing and/or using any part of the Web Chat you shall be deemed to have
accepted the Terms and Conditions.
4. CAUK England & Wales may revise the Terms and Conditions at any time by updating this
posting. You should check the website from time to time to review the Terms and
Conditions as any changes made are binding upon you.
Registration for the Web Chat
5. Each registration is for a single User only. You must not register multiple accounts for
the purpose of abusing the functionality of the Web Chat or other users; nor pass
yourself off as another user.
6. CAUK England & Wales reserves the right to disable, on a temporary or permanent basis, any
User account at any time, and for any reasonable cause, including, but not limited to,
a breach of the Terms and Conditions.
7. We will ensure that all personal data supplied is held in accordance with the Data
Protection Act 1998. CAUK England & Wales does not sell or otherwise transfer personal data
to any third parties unless you have consented to this or this is so permitted by law,
for further information please see CAUK England & Wales’s Privacy Notice.
All chat records will be permanently deleted from our and the Chat providers servers within 60 days of capture.
User Material and Conduct
8. Other than personal data, any content you upload and/or post to the Web Chat shall
be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. CAUK England & Wales shall have no
obligations with respect to such uploading and/or postings. CAUK England & Wales shall be
free to copy, disclose, distribute, incorporate and otherwise use the content of such
uploadings and/or postings, and all data, images, sounds, text and other things
embodied therein, for any and all commercial and/or non-commercial purposes.
9. You are prohibited from uploading and/or posting to, or from, the Web Chat any
a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive,
pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory (eg.racism,
ageism, sexism), menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in
breach of confidence, in breach of privacy, or which may cause annoyance or
b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals;
c) which is marketing material and/or which promotes good and services;
d) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal
offence, gives rise to civil liability, or is otherwise contrary to the law or
infringes the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; and/or
e) which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses,
logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or
other malicious software or harmful data).
10. You may not misuse the Web Chat including, without limitation, by hacking.
11. CAUK England & Wales may co-operate with any law enforcement authorities or court order
requesting or directing CAUK England & Wales to disclose the identity or location of anyone
uploading and/or posting content to the Web Chat in breach of clause 9 or clause 10.
12. CAUK England & Wales may co-operate with any third party who claims that any content
uploaded and/or posted by you to the Web Chat constitutes a violation of their
intellectual property rights, or their right to privacy.
13. CAUK England & Wales will not be responsible, or liable, to any third party for the content or
accuracy of any uploads and/or posts to the Web Chat by you or any other User.
14. CAUK England & Wales reserves the right to remove any and all uploadings and/or postings
made by you to the Web Chat, on a permanent or temporary basis, at any time and
for any reasonable cause, including but not limited to, a breach of the Terms and
15. Any views expressed by others in and/or on the Web Chat do not represent the views
and values of CAUK England & Wales.
16. If you choose to delete any information from the Web Chat it may take some time or
prove impossible, from a technical perspective, to completely do so.
17. Your use of the Web Chat is for your own personal and non-commercial use only.
You acknowledge and agree that, as between us and you, except for user content,
CAUK England & Wales is the sole owner of all content on the Web Chat, including, without
limitation, all applicable copyrights, patents, trade marks, trade secrets, trade names,
logos, and other intellectual property rights thereto, as well as text, images, graphics,
logos, audio, video and other material appearing on the Web Chat (“Our Content”).
The Web Chat and Our Content are protected by the copyright laws and other
intellectual property laws of the United Kingdom.
18. You may download and print extracts from Our Content for your own personal and
non-commercial use only, provided you maintain and abide by any copyright or trade
mark notice or restriction in any material that you download or print. You may not use
any of Our Content for any other purpose without our prior written approval. Except
as expressly authorised by us, you are not allowed to create a database in electronic
or paper form comprising all or part of the material appearing on the Web Chat.
19. Unless otherwise stated, the copyright and other intellectual property rights in the
Web Chat and Our Content, including without limitation photographs and graphical
images are owned by CAUK England & Wales.
20. Any use of the Web Chat or Our Content other than in accordance with clause 18 for
any purpose is prohibited. If you breach any term of the Terms and Conditions, your
permission to use Our Content automatically terminates and you must immediately
destroy any downloaded and/or printed Content.
21. Subject to clause 18 no part of the Web Chat may be reproduced or stored in any
other website or included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or
service without CAUK England & Wales’s prior written permission.
22. Any rights not expressly granted in the Terms and Conditions are reserved.
23. The Web Chat has been designed to be accessible and User friendly and follows
general principles of usability and design. If you experience any difficulties in using
the Web Chat or need any further help, please contact us
Disclaimers, Indemnity and Liability
24. CAUK England & Wales gives no warranties of any kind concerning the Web Chat or Our
Content. In particular, we do not warrant that the Web Chat or any of its contents is
virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no
responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which
has destructive properties.
25. Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to the
Website, we do not guarantee this. We accept no responsibility or liability for any
interruption or delay.
26. CAUK England & Wales reserves the right to make changes and improvements to any
information contained within the Web Chat, at any time and without notice.
27. You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless us, our subsidiaries and each of
their respective officers, directors, and employees from any and all claims, liabilities,
costs, and expenses arising out a breach by you or any user of your account of these
and warranties under these Ts&Cs.
28. We do not warrant or guarantee that access to the Web Chat will be uninterrupted or
29. You agree and accept that, if you decide to access and/or use the Web Chat, you are
fully responsible for its use going forward and CAUK England & Wales makes no warranty or
representation in relation to the Web Chat, including, without limitation, in relation to
its fitness for any use you wish to, or do, make of it. Accordingly, CAUK England & Wales to the
fullest extent permissible under law, excludes any and all liability to you and any
other party in relation to the Web Chat and/or any use you make of it including any
claim attributable to errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in the Web Chat.
30. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude or limit CAUK England & Wales’s liability
a) death or personal injury arising from our negligence; or
b) our fraud; or
c) our misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
d) any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
Governing law and jurisdiction
31. The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with
English law. Disputes arising in connection with the Terms and Conditions shall be
subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.